Skip to main content

Through Needle's Eye


Based on a true story...


 Through Needle's Eye



Adam is the name that my parents decided to call me… 


Among a few things they gave me and I liked was my name, the name I carried for over 30 years, which I have been known by, throughout my study levels until graduation from Social Studies and being lucky enough to have what I can call my first actual job. 


Like lots of my fellow generation, we usually don’t work in the same field that we studied, therefore I have gone through the media field, which I didn’t have lots of passion for it at the beginning I’d say. In short words, I have been pushed into it through a recommendation by my father. 


Unlike the majority, I didn’t like the media field too much, but I can’t deny that I found my passion through it, which wasn’t an actual kind of media-related position, moreover was a management position. I started as a department coordinator until promoted to a department operations manager, and that’s when I started to find out what if you wish to call it a skill, craft, or even a talent that seemed to go through my soul. 


I found out my orientation to details, a very scheduled and organized person, back then some people considered that as an OCD, and some others even went so far as calling it a curse, the way I was very specific to details, Instead, I called it a gift even though management sometimes bring some extra weight.


As a none narcissistic person, I didn’t like to be put on the wall of fame or multiply my features. But through over 10 years in such a field, I think I have gone through lots of troubles and delighting moments, that strengthen my ability to handle any situation, expect the issue before it happens, and take the right decision to construct a permanent solution. And put our agency on top of other competitors, under the wise leadership of my direct CEO and the co-team.





Until one day, my CEO and the co-team moved to start their own business, which back then was undersize than our agency, which they were already over capacity, as they couldn’t accommodate most of the current agency team. Right after, our agency went through many financial situations, especially after the revolution’s circumstances, which led the owners to sell the company, and the new owners started to bring their own teams. 


As a result, they started to let go of most of the old-school teams, and I was one of them. I of course felt bitterness and injustice especially when I didn’t do a thing to deserve such a fate, and decided to take the legal channels suing new owners. Back then I received a couple of offers from other agencies, and to me, they didn’t seem to be better choices or even have a good reputation, and honestly, I didn’t want to repeat myself in another loop of the same circle. 


Therefore I decided to use my experience and invest my skills in media to become a freelancer, and I recalled how I was attracted to the marketing department, where it went hand in hand with my capabilities in organizing, scheduling, and management. 


Here is where I started my journey with Udacity when I heard about it from a close friend who introduced me to the initiative, I was extremely excited about it and at the beginning, I couldn’t believe that my country is offering such a wonderful opportunity and absolutely for free.




Copyrights © Ramy Abdeen 2022. All rights reserved.

Popular posts from this blog

براءة الكورونا

براءة الكورونا ككل بداية معلومة بسيطة ب "هل تعلم" من المسئول عن الوباء الحالي العالمي اليوم؟ إنه أنت... حقاً أنا و أنت... بغض النظر عن كيفية حدوثها ترتبط كل كارثةٍ بأربع محاورٍ أو شخصياتٍ رئيسية: الأول، مكتشفها أو من تسبب فيها. الثاني، المسئول عن إحتوائها. الثالث، المستفيد منها وبطبيعة الحال محاولته إستغلالها. الرابع، المتضرر منها وبطبيعة الحال محاولته تفاديها. إن لم يحاول المكتشف التملص منها وسعى للإعتراف بها بإبلاغها للمسئول الذي بدوره يقوم بعمله بإحتواء الأزمة في وقتها و إيجاد حلٍ لها مثلما يحدث في الوقت الراهن لما وصلت للمستفيد أو المتضرر... كلنا يعرف الطبيب الصيني مكتشف الكورونا أو سمع بقصته التي اكتشف فيها الحالات المصابة في سوق ووهان البحري و عندما حذر منها "لي وينليانغ" على وسائل التواصل ووسط زملاؤه في نهايات ديسمبر والذي تم توبيخه من قبل السلطات وإرغامه على التوقيع بعدم فعل ذلك مرةً أخرى في أوائل يناير ٢٠٢٠ ... إلى أن أصيب هو نفسه ولقى حتفه في الشهر الذي تلاه... وقتها مرت بضعة أيامٍ ليست متضمنة القرارات السريعة الحاسمة التي كان يجب أن تتم للحجر ا

Innocence of Corona

Innocence of Corona As a start “Did you know” who’s responsible for today’s global pandemic? It’s you... Yes, you and me… Regardless how does it happened each crisis is associated with four focuses or main characters: First, The finder or who accused by. Second, the one in charge who’s responsible to solve it Third, who using it as an exploitation. Fourth the affected person who trying to avoid it. Let’s consider the finder reported it to the one in charge which who should timely contain the crisis which currently happening it wouldn’t even be needed to avoid or exploit… As of all of us experience or heard his story the Chinese doctor who discovered coronavirus cases in Wuhan Marine Market, When Li Wenliang announced about it on social media and among his colleagues end of December he was rebuked and forced to sign a paper not to do so again in early January 2020 until he got infected himself and died in the next month… A few days without quick and decisive

A Foolproof Guide to Marketing Strategies

Photo source   A Foolproof Guide to Marketing Strategies What Is Mass Marketing? Mass marketing's principal goal is to enlarge the advertising campaign to reach the most considerable amount of people, and subsequently, more potential customers. The meanwhile ignores exact specific audience customization. Examples: Magazines, Billboards, TV, and digitally hosted ads. Advantages: Of course, more potential customers will be among this amount of population, while grabbing more attention means increasing brand awareness, not to mention it take less analytics work effort.  Disadvantages: On the other hand, it decreases the chances of ad customization to specific target customers. As well, smaller companies might suffer more challenging competition.  Direct Marketing:   In a nutshell, direct marketing is counting on targeting a specific person or an organization that shares similar interests to generate new business.  Examples: Direct Mail, Email, broadcast faxing, couponing. Advantag